Serena Lewis drama and storytelling
Name: Serena Lewis
Qualifications: BA Degree in English & Psychology, Cardiff University
PGCE in English
Brief Description of Work
I use drama techniques as a way to explore stories. I am particularly interested in social history and how drama can be used to access real life stories from the past. I am used to being in role as characters as well as leading workshops. Much of my work has been done in primary and secondary schools and wellbeing and confidence building is at the heart of my practice. I have also taught craft skills such as mask and puppet making.
Able to teach
- Drama All ages.
- Creative writing All ages.
- English Literature and Language 11-18.
- Summer School Creative Writing.
- Drama sessions for Hijinx Theatre, Superstars and Superstars in the Making.
- I have led a number of ACW funded primary schools projects at Hengoed Primary, Ringland Primary, Fleur de Lis Primary & Beaufort Hill Primary. WWII Project- historical research, script writing and filming of Pathe News Reels at Gaer Primary, 2018/2019 Woodland Explorers – exploring nature and green issues through drama and storytelling at Risca Primary. The Learning Journey Garden Project – storytelling in the outdoors, 2019.