Karen Teal textiles and printmaking
Name: Karen Teal
Qualifications: BA (Hons) Constructed Textiles
PGCE in Art & Design (Secondary)
MEd in Leadership & Management
Brief Description of Work
I have been a teacher of Art & Textiles, Further Education and Community Education for 32 years in Wales, China and Switzerland. I have given workshops in all aspects in Art & Textiles and workshops for teachers.
Able to teach
- KS3, GCSE / A Level, Btec – Art & Textiles.
- Teaching and working in the community with youth groups and adults.
- Textiles – feltmaking, embroidery, weaving, tapestry, rug making, trash fashion.
- Printmaking – monoprinting, linocuts, collagraph, screen, gum arabic.
- Portfolio workshops, critiquing works of art, scared of the white paper.
Able to work in the following sectors:
- Further / Higher Education
- Community Settings